Cover My Cab provides great value taxi insurance directly to private hire, public hire, chauffeur and minicab drivers.
At Cover My Cab, we have more than 30 years of experience in providing taxi insurance to private and public hire drivers across the UK. Our team of taxi insurance professionals will offer you a taxi insurance quote at a rate you won’t find anywhere else. Getting taxi insurance cover from Cover My Cab is fast and easy – so much so, you can take a policy out over the phone and we will issue your documentation by email right away.
By Selecting Cover my Cab for your Taxi Insurance, you’ll also benefit from:
- Annual, Quarterly and Monthly policy periods basis
- Introductory discounts for proven private car or taxi fleet experience
- No Claims Bonus Protection
- Recovery of losses not paid for by your insurers such as vehicle recovery, personal injury, loss of earnings, car hire and excess
- Spreading the cost of your taxi insurance policy across the year with easy-to-manage payment instalments
- If you’re involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, we can provide a licensed and plated replacement taxi so you don’t miss out on earnings
- Staff who not only speak your language but understand your business
If you’re unfortunate enough to have an accident making a claim couldn’t be easier. Our UK based claims management centres are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our claims management team will:
- Keep you updated on the status of your claim so you know exactly where you stand
- Organise repairs to your vehicle as soon as possible
- Recover uninsured losses, including loss of earnings through personal injury
How does Taxi Insurance differ from Private Car Cover?
Without a doubt taxi drivers cover more mileage than the average motorist. Because of the higher mileage, statistically there is an increased risk of having an accident. Therefore your taxi insurance policy needs to account for this. Also the potential for personal injury claims from your passengers is much higher as more often than not you have a fare in the back.
Minicabs tend to be larger than the everyday household car, so they can hold more passengers, for this reason they fall under a higher insurance group, and this affects the cost of your policy. That’s why, at Cover My Cab, we offer tailored rates for each and every insurance policy we offer.
Different Types of Taxi Insurance Quotes from Cover My Cab
At Cover My Cab, we offer a wide variety of taxi insurance, including policies for:
- Private Hire & Minicab drivers in all major cities including cover for Uber drivers
- Public Hire & Black Cab drivers
- Rural taxi drivers who operate outside of urban areas
- Chauffeurs and Executive Hire drivers who have prearranged contracts and prestige vehicles
- Specialist taxis adapted for Wheelchair Access
- Taxi Fleets
- Private Hire Minibuses
We also have this add-on products available to further extend your taxi insurance policy to cover your business:
- Legal Expenses
- Extended Public Liability Insurance
- Taxi Breakdown Cover – Roadside, Homestart & European Cover
- Replacement Taxi Insurance – in the event you are in an incident which is your fault
- Taxi Base Office Liability Insurance